Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wash Away Rain

My bed greeted me at 1am...The dog and the storm woke me an hour later...Not sure how much time passed with me trying to negotiate with my dog and assure him the storm wasn't going to get him...I fell back to sleep...He cried louder a little after 5am...We walked soon after.

A light drizzle followed me from my apartment to the gasoline station where I paid $4.04 a gallon. Good goddess that is really high for regular grade! The rain and accompanying traffic mixed together nicely on the highway after.

Work was filled with chatter today. We even celebrated July birthdays with cake! The sweetness was soothing to the bitter sting of the recent layoffs. Enjoying some cake and laughter among ourselves was a good group activity for our floor.

Oh -- Tawny's father-in-law made it through surgery and only had to have 4 heart valves replaced. Thank God that part is over. We can just see how he fares for the next week before they allow him to come home for the rest of his recovery.

I left late and a deluge ensued outside. Lovely bumper to bumper traffic to revel in. The skies were a scary iron gray and the rain falling in torrents. Loud upbeat music was the only thing that can get me through this kind of weather condition. Worked like a charm! Evening was quiet except towards the end. Tab was IM'g me, the dog wanted me to walk him and my old friend John was texting me to talk all at the same time. That's me living la vida loca again.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: