Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Connections

Yesterday was a dud but the evening got better. I was able to talk to Angie who had a long weekend at Comicon in San Diego. She had shared her pictures earlier today of the celebrities she was able to see and her friends enjoying the venue. Lucky duck!

A call labeled "unknown" came through while Angie and I reconnected. Instinct made me answer it and while I put my cousin on hold. A tentative voice asked if it was Sarah and I said yes. The female voice introduced herself as my new Canadian friend Romy. Wow!

Romy ended up calling me again later after I finished my conversation with Angie. Listening to Romy talk gave me the sense that she was happy and I liked that very much. She speaks as fast as I do which is good. Have you ever spoken to someone who doesn't match your tone and speed in either direction? Yeah, that can be annoying. I was thrilled not to have that issue and I was able to enjoy my surprise phone call...

Tawny also shared pics of her New York vacation last week. Looks like they had a lot of fun -- very much deserved, too! I may need her help in planning a group baby shower for Ant's wife Rebecca. Ant didn't update me on a decision; I'm glad I asked for an update tonight as we walked out of my building. He sat in my cube talking and joking with my friend Sharon and me.

Instant messaged with my friend Rob a little this afternoon. He's been keeping himself busy by working out to get back to his previous level of fitness before his accident and by painting his young daughter's bedroom. A new job may be on the horizon. I'm crossing my fingers for that to happen. He needs to be kept busy with activities or he gets restless.

The main event of today was a group lunch with my department. My director who had been let go earlier this month drove up to see us and to help celebrate the temp's birthday early. What piece of info you didn't receive earlier in my day was that my cohort had sent me a text message before I arrived at work with a description of the outfit the temp was wearing specifically today. Let's just say it was breathtaking... stunning... and eye-popping. Wherever she went, she received attention which I guess was the whole point. Someone needed to explain the difference between positive and negative to her. Couple the look with some conversation laced with pathetically crass personal information and we had a winner! Bridget and I found our own conversation that made us and the rest of the group laugh. I can't share more because I've spent too many lines on this already.

I had some leftover ginger soup for dinner. While eating, I could hear my next door neighbor doing some last minute painting and cleaning of her now vacant apartment. She's the third person I've seen live there. I wonder who Cabal and I will get as new neighbors?


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: