Thursday, July 31, 2008

AGOL Twilight Zone

I almost forgot to bring my lunch today. Thanks to an angelic whisper just at the right time, I went back inside my apartment to quickly bag my leftover container of spaghetti. Being at the mercy of the cafe downstairs wasn't as appetizing as my leftover. Bridget and I are going out to lunch tomorrow and I'd rather funnel my dollars then.

Guess what? We had the opportunity to guess how many pieces of chocolate were in a big pickle jar... I guessed 560 and there were 567! I would've won a premium/reserved parking spot for one month; however, since I had recently joined the committee conducting the contest, I was disqualified. My cousin Angie's response when I told her: LOSER! Sweet girl, ain't she?

Another thing to add to my AGOL Twilight Zone day... I was thinking of something to search online and the words "lucky happenstance" came in my mind. I don’t ever recall putting those two words together or reading them anywhere. On google, this link was listed: Lucky Happenstance. Before I read the whole article, I quickly scanned the copy under the picture as well as the quote below that. How appropriate.

I was having fun today with my intuitive side. It has been quite a while since I've had a whole day of it. When you are more in tuned with the universe, it talks to you and guides you. The sad part is that most people never know what that feels like. It feels like happy.


Rediscovered: Special Vintage Cartoon Panel* from Calvin and Hobbes:


*Angie had a copy of this on her desk almost 20 years ago at her old job in Tampa. I loved it and still occasionally quote it when I'm feeling small in the universe. Now she's in the big leagues of Los Angeles where she may see this in person 24/7...applied to hundreds of celebrities and accompanying egos competing in one city.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: