Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Whining in the Rain

It was not a glorious feeling, but I am working again after a two-week vacation. I may be exaggerating when I say it seemed like one of the longest days ever! Of course, it didn't help that I came in an hour and twenty minutes earlier than I normally do to catch up on work and to avoid driving in the rain during heavy traffic. The bottom right hand side of my LCD monitor at work taunted me..8:05...9:15...10:23...11:15. I finally escaped to lunch at 11:30 and left for the day at 5:05.

Today was the first day under the Finance Department umbrella (instead of IT) and with my new boss. He's a very nice man and I'd already developed a rapport with him weeks before this change so we do talk about both shop and our lives outside of work. Our CEO made a quick executive decision to move my section after my new boss' Sr. VP made her case to him last month. Now we have to ramp up our department since we've severed our accounting ties with our old company. Corporate buy-outs are always fun -- long live Capitalism! At least there is the further illusion of job security - HA!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...It was nice to be missed by many, but I felt guilty for all my visitors stopping by multiple times to wish me a Happy New Year and to catch up on things. My new boss sits behind me right now until they can arrange an office for him. He understands but I know I have to severely curtail people's time with me in the future without hurting their feelings. Some of them use me as a gauge to see how they should feel about the world; needless to say, I am usually effervescent so everyone has a good time.

Back to my homemade hot chocolate that I wish I was sharing with Yummy. 'Night-night.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: