Thursday, January 04, 2007

Day-O...Thursday Come and I Wanna Go Home

Harry Belafonte was being channeled in my mind the last two days and my cube farm has been working my nerve! There are only so many feng shui cures I can apply at work before the telltale signs of too many pieces of aluminum foil with reflective side facing the bad juju vibes (co-workers) start to peek from under hanging frames and through file cabinets in my area. My energy is all wonky because of the bad funk shui.

I thought yesterday was today. The day became a whole Maalox moment when I realized that it was only Wednesday. Not pretty at all. Anticipating my afternoon meeting with my new department and actually having it was stressful, too. That meeting was followed by a one-on-one meeting with my new boss to set expectations: His vs. Mine. We concur on everything so it was all good. When I finally got home I crashed to bed early...

The monitor clock taunted me again today. I swear it was doing it on purpose! Mean thing. I should try to change the time, but it will reset itself when it syncs with the network so that is pointless.

My birthday is coming up next week. I can tell by the crows feet that are slowly making their imprints. Laugh lines, my ass. Just kidding -- I barely have any lines. I'm just hoping not to suffer from the Asian Woman Aging Curse. The curse that seemingly endless youth is bestowed upon Asian women..and then one day POW! Short white hair, slower shuffle walking and an overall driftwood look overcomes the poor unsuspecting woman. I am half German so goddess knows what the hell I am going to get. Let's not go there!

I've also been trying to juggle multiple birthday dinner plans to satisfy everyone who wants to see me. Last year, I gave three surprise birthday parties. The first one was for Tawnyia whose birthday is one day before mine. That was wicked fun at my favorite restaurant, Maggiano's -- yes, I worked it in. Everyone loves my restaurant, too! They just may not like Sinatra being piped during the whole experience. (A few cocktails took care of that.) I kind of miss no longer having to deal with the Reservations Nazi who was a cross between Dame Edna and Joan Rivers. Maybe I can campaign to rehire her? (Shuddering)

Better go back and practice some calypso. I have a feeling Harry will be singing again tomorrow. He should just bring the banana boat and my cool group will hop in and sail into the sunset while enjoying some serious rum. Now we're talking!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: