Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sundae with Cherry on Top

Within an hour of getting up from my bed, I found myself talking to Yummy who had already been up for hours in his timezone. I had hot tea with milk and sugar while we chatted for a long while. We broke for our own separate agendas, he with his writing and me with my nail appointment and Wal-Mart run to get dog food for Cabal and other sundries.

My nail tech always tries to upsell me with crazy nail designs and airbrush goodies. I try to gently explain to her that I work in a corporate setting and it would not be good to have 'tramp-o-lina' nails, but she perseveres by saying it would make me look younger. What...like 12? I hold my own and she agrees to a Bing Cherry red color instead of the French manicure from last time.

I didn't have breakfast or lunch so I can only blame me taking this photo due to 'low sugar'. I laughed when I saw this and thought it would be the kind of gift Yummy would get for Cabal. They have a bit of a rivalry going on...mano a doggo. Go figure.

When I got home, I quickly realized that the watch I picked out for the day hadn't been changed to Daylight Savings Time and ended up a little late for another call with Yummy. I thought I had changed all of them!

This poor man is just getting some serious feminine culture shock from me. I somehow ended up explaining how acrylic nails can be applied the first time. He chimed in by asking if I had nail extensions and I said yes. Where he got that from I don't know, but he was trying to follow when he wasn't laughing hysterically especially after I called my nail lady a nail technician.

I also told him about an incredible story with a large lizard who came into my apartment when I first moved in. It is too long and too embarrassing to tell but suffice it to say, Yummy is finding out more about me each minute. He must be a glutton for punishment because he still keeps coming back. Life with me is never a dull moment, but it is all in good fun.

We hung up since he apparently needs his 'beauty sleep'. I caught up on my blog and spent the rest of the evening by relaxing. It was a nice way to end the weekend. Now for sleep before a busy week at work.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: