Saturday, January 13, 2007

Mellow Mushroom -- Hold the Mellow!

It is finally my birthday weekend. It's all good especially if you have family and friends to celebrate with you...

I started the celebration with lunch at my favorite restaurant Maggiano's in Trampa with my good friend Myrna who has never been there. Her husband doesn't like Italian food so we went by ourselves where we ended up splitting everything we ordered from the killer calamari I've been craving for over a month now, salad, pasta with chicken in marsala sauce and the "mutha" of all desserts, Chocolate Zuccoto Cake. Oh...my...Goddess! We made an admirable dent in it and I took the rest home which is enough for another two sittings. After that we shopped and she drove me back home so I could take a nap before Jeff and Tawnyia picked me up for dinner.

The three of us met Kathy and Jaime at The Mellow Mushroom in Brandonia which is a really funky fun pizza joint to celebrate Tawnyia's actual birthday and mine (tomorrow!). I knew we were having pizza ahead of time so nothing of normal pizza freakishness was present. We had a great time joking around. It is always "open season" when we get together; you just have to have thick skin around us.

Jaime just found out that I have the "Benny Hill" theme as my ringtone. He said he could just imagine me in my apartment with the phone ringing and running around searching for the phone while Pretty Boy Dog chased me around. He is just really evil! I was exhausted from laughing.

Jeff and Tawnyia took me home and they opened their Christmas gift from me which was a proper rice cooker and a side bag of long grain rice. I still owe them a large body bag of jasmine rice. As part of the Asian community, I can no longer allow them to torture themselves with converted rice. My ancestors are turning in their graves because they are the last of my friends who do not have a proper rice cooker. Besides that -- they need to start supporting my people!
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Kathy B said...

Glad you had a great time - it was great seeing you at the "Magic" Mushroom. Hopefully this isn't where the magic happens for some Brandonians... hahaha!