Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Maltesers & Modigliani

This could very well be the longest week of note. Wednesday is supposed to be "hump day" or the midweek celebration to the weekend. I was buried in contract renewals and invoice research thanks my company's split from the mother ship. A new company owns us now and we are still sifting through dozens of contracts. Could it be any more dullsville? I'd rather get a thorough physical from a doctor who has poor depth perception.

The highlights to my day were e-mails from Yummy, an IM conversation with Yummy and a night in at my friend British Jeff's home with friends and his two sons.

Every so often B. Jeff has movie night as his home where we watch a movie his sons would like. We order pizza and the adults drink beer and wine. Tonight we had the unholy crew of Jeff and Tawnyia, Anthony and Rebecca, B. Jeff, his sons and me. We watched a Pixar film called, "Cars" which we mostly enjoyed.

After pizza and halfway through the film, B. Jeff brought out the British chocolates he bought at a Brit store near his home. It was Galaxy and Malteser heaven for all of us. The last time we had these delicious treats was when his very nice mum Joyce brought them last month from Liverpool.

Here are some empty wrappers from what Tawnyia and I shared and no we didn't share the big bottle of Aussie wine in the background. She shared with her husband and I had Mexican beer.

B. Jeff is in the market to sell his home thanks to his recent and well-deserved divorce from his ex-wife. His real estate company helped him out by rearranging his home and bringing in some more homey touches since it was been somewhat of a bachelor pad until his sons recent move in. All this rigmarole to put the house in a better light for buyers.

The real estate ladies miscalculated one thing -- the painting below that hung over the fireplace. Could be this be the least friendly face to greet you when you walk in? Holy hell! Her slits for eyes must glow red when you're not looking not to mention they seem to follow you everywhere you go. Poor artist Modigliani must've been in need of some serious therapy!

We had a howling good time dissecting this choice of art. Medusa could be a rival to this face. The boys, also ghouls, had fun enacting different scenarios of what 'Modigliani' was doing while you slept. They teased me that my phone was now cursed because I took the picture to post on my blog.

B. Jeff and Anthony switched the picture for a friendlier one on the other side of the fireplace facing the swimming pool. The fireplace was installed on a freestanding wall and can be enjoyed from both sides either in the dining room or the living room. I'm thinking the feng shui level in this house is now balanced.

Now I must decide whether to smudge my house with smoke from burning white sage or sprinkle sea salt in the corners to ward of Modigliani's curse. F**k it, I am going to sleep. My powers of evil are way stronger. Ha!


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: