Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Blue Goddess

No snow in Canada and Illinois...Twenty-eight inches of snow in Colorado...It was just 83 degrees a few days ago and now Trampa has a high today of 64 degrees. What is happening?

The changes have been the cause of my headaches the last two days I think. All I wanted was a blanket to keep me warm and cozy while the ibubrofen worked its magic. Of course, they had obstacles called reading contracts and making comments on them to go through while still doing their regular job. I am a creative person and having me deal with this kind of BS is just insufferable! (Hundreds of dollars worth of art supplies are atrophying in my second bedroom.) How the heck did I end up in the finance department? Maybe I should try sales? They did offer me a position there a few months ago.

I now have to start taking my online class for a certification exam. I received the 90-day notice of expiration. Has it been a year since I registered? For a mere $25, I can have the deadline extended beyond the 90 days. My boss is okay with it, but we are just so swamped with ramping up our area that even with the extension, I may have to get another extension for the friggin' extension...

For the first time in a few years, I am actually planning a vacation instead of just reacting to available time off by making plans. I almost had to womp somebody down who was stepping on my planned time. Transatlantic trip vs. a martial arts weekend? HELLO! No comparison especially if the latter is by a temp. Does not the permanent employee get first preference?

I called Tawnyia on the way home since she took today off; she needed to get away from work. Maybe I should've done that, but there is too much to do. I am too much of a responsible worker bee. Why do I even have a conscience?

She made omelettes for dinner for her family and I was craving Filipino comfort food...a soup made with tamarind mix, bok choy, tiny pork ribs for flavor, chopped Asian eggplant, and Chinese long beans. Ladle over jasmine rice and add a few dashes of soy sauce. Didn't happen. Changed my mind to get Chinese takeout, but that didn't happen either. Once Tawnyia mentioned omelettes, I wanted to make one with spinach. Didn't happen once more. She knows I am blaming her tomorrow for not getting some kind of Asian food.

I did have some comfort food in the soup I made with chicken broth, jasmine rice, frozen chopped spinach, big pinch of sea salt, fresh ground pepper and a bay leaf. It was very simple, but now making me sleepy from the warmth. I better go find my blanket.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: