Friday, January 12, 2007

Freaky Friday

Some days are just for the dogs. Today was one of them. I had to relay a part of my job to the contractor for the day which made her happy since she was bored while I had the dubious honor of writing up my performance appraisal.

Words are usually not elusive to me, but they were hiding when I tried to create a detailed summary of my professional accomplishments in the past year. I dawdled by reading the instructions on how to complete the online submission and I overanalyzed my previous manager's quarterly goals for me. I did finish...no choice since it was due with no exceptions. Now I get to wait for my company's response which should be soon.

To lessen the sting of these appraisals, we got an announcement today for the nominees for President's Club which is a trip to the Virgin Islands in April. I was one of them. The nominations are done by your peers with detailed justification on why you should be rewarded. I think I know who nominated me and I did help her by facilitating the purchase of large dollar software and maintenance needs. It required a lot of research and proper assignment to the R&D group. I am apathetic about being able to go, but it was nice to be nominated. I am very lucky that I do get my fair share of praises from peers to my manager. Even our president knows who I am and the good reviews attached to me. I can't decide if that is a bad thing or a good thing.

The cherry on top of my day was having an almost bizarre date with Yummy. He ate pizza and I just had two big glasses of Australian Cabernet Savignon on an empty tummy. Did I get giggly and silly! Poor thing. We told jokes and laughed a lot. I explained some of my OCD habits and how long it takes me from start to finish to get ready in the morning (1 - 1.5 hours!). He needs to be prepared for these things. I have explained how extremely feminine I am before, but you just never know. It was the best date I've had in a while -- I wasn't looking for an escape hatch! Our times for now are very unique, but I don't feel it any less real or significant...He knows why.

Now I get to prepare for a very busy birthday weekend. I have two lunchdates and two dinner dates. Exhaustion from laughing all weekend will be the antidote to a long work week.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: