Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Before You Know It

Who stole Monday and Tuesday? It's Wednesday and I'm not quite sure how it got here. It must've been the rain that brought it in. It's been grey and rainy not to mention cooler in Trampa today. It would've been a perfect 'baking day'. Hmmm...making chocolate chip cookies, snuggles with my adorable Yummy or both?

Work is finally waking me up from the daze I've felt all month. I think I found my work mojo; it was behind the laser printer the whole time! How ever I found it, I am on it like white on rice. Goddess knows how much I love rice -- it runs through my veins!

I was glad I listened to my instincts this morning before I left work by grabbing a blank note card with a sweet cartoon scene by Mary Engelbreit on laughter printed on the front. I wrote a joke and greeting to one of the girls at work, Nikki. She is such a sweet lady but has been going through new meds for her recent ailment. She was delighted to get the card and she laughed at the silly joke inside. Nikki has been trying to manage her pain, but was miserable some days. Laughing was her best medicine this afteroon...

My boss pre-approved my vacation in the Spring. He is not set up correctly in the system and therefore has to get his SVP's approval, too. I have a laundry list of items I need to get done and have organized prior to taking the time off. I believe I have Cabal's care figured out that will satisfy both of us. He didn't do well the last time I left him for a long period of time at the pet resort and spa which sounds grander than it is, but well worth the money. I may have one of my girlfriends stay at my apartment. I still have time to iron that out.

The biggest thing right now is for me to just buckle down and practice good time management which can be a challenge. I get distracted so easily especially if I am being forced to focus. I may see something shiny in the corner of my eye that just begs to be seen. Oh, that was just gloss from the pictures at my desk. Sigh.

I need some creative outlet. It's been months since I've been to any art festival or art store. I may have to scour around for something interesting or really different. The art season is at hand so I must make plans with Jeff and Tawnyia to join them around town. We have fun at those and get ideas for lampwork beads, paper and textile arts, pottery, and beading jewelry. I still have to visit their studio space downtown. If only we had real time to devote to this kind of fun instead of 'working for The Man'. How anti-establishment we are, but bills still have to be paid with the day job... (I hate The Man.)

Dinner tonight was from the Chinese joint nearby. I had a serious jones for some soup, but I got a variety of stuff for lunch, too. Will have to add some ginger to the wonton soup before I bring it in to work. Hey, is it vacation time yet?

Real Fortune Today: Don't let your limitations overshadow your talents.
Learn Chinese: Egg (Ji-dan)
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: