Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Oh My Stars!

The only thing that saved me from having a really monotonous day at work was IM'ing with Yummy and having him read my astrological chart. That was definitely a novel experience. Just not used to having a man read for me. Slightly sexist, I know, but I survived it.

Not sure if he really knows, but I did study astrology for about a year and a half which is not enough time if you're at it for two hours a week. I've always looked to the heavens, waiting for some spacecraft to retrieve me from a universal travel mistake. I should've been on Neptune or in another distant solar system.

In 6th grade, I wanted to be both an astonomer and an Egyptologist. Always up for an adventure in understanding our place in the cosmos while reaching back in the past for further knowledge on our ancestors. The Egyptians built the pyramids with such precision for their time, not to mention aligning them with Orion's belt. The stuff of Seekers!

Seekers are what I've come to call individuals who look towards the heavens for the truth that is surely out there. They constantly question (what if?) and do hours of research for their own pleasure. I am a Seeker. My thirst for knowledge flits from one subject to the next. Some times I exhaust myself finding the answer, but if it is there to be known I will find it.

Yummy impressed me with his own findings and how he related them to me. He echoed what two astrologers had said about my chart. The whole thing was a little unnerving at times. I will not include details since even that is private for me. Only less than a handful have seen the snapshot of the sky at the time of my birth. With the correct information, the planets and sun/moon cannot hide your personality, your predispositions or even a possible outcome. They only play peek-a-boo around the astrological wheel.

I did ask him to do a comparison with his to mine. I hadn't run his and ours through an astrological program I purchased for my PC. He was probably a little spooked when he found out that I have such a thing. AGOL and her chrysanthemum layers keep revealing themselves. His findings were revealing, too! It's all good whatever they are. A chart only gives you the conditions, it is up to you to work with those conditions. Very intuitive that Yummy...He worked my nerve a little. He loves that.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: