Thursday, January 18, 2007

It's Froggy Outside

Weather is just one of the hazards of living near water. Trampa is right next to the Gulf of Mexico and also has the Atlantic Ocean nearby in the east, two bodies of water enjoying a ballroom dance in weather patterns. Today was very froggy (foggy) in Trampa, visibility in driving was challenging. Thank goddess it did burn off later in the day and was replaced by sunshine.

Mother Nature must be having a bad case of premenstrual syndrome. Her mood swings around the world is just reminding us we are visitors on her Earth. Snow in Malibu where there was just some fire. I've been there several times and just cannot imagine a single snowflake kissing a the leaf on one of their majestic palm trees.

Received an e-mail from Yummy describing the windy conditions on his way to work. Tawnyia sent me a link to the news of European weather from cnn.com and forwarded to Yummy since it showed picture of the pier in his hometown with giant waves crashing upon it thanks to the strong winds. London and surrounding cities were having hurricane winds and Heathrow canceled many flights while several people had lost their lives because of the inclement conditions across Europe. Yummy was able to leave work early and make it home okay. The winds were really crazy; the lights were flickering on and off while he made dinner.

I have to brag: My brilliant Yummy was "big and clever" by fixing his own boiler that had been acting up. The plumber did talk him through it over the phone (at no charge) and he was successful! I've seen enough home improvement shows especially years of "This Old House" to know that this can be tricky. I am so proud of him. There is apparently no end to his talents.

When I left work, I felt a cold breeze. I wonder if Trampa will get winter this year. The last time we really had any cooler temps was in late October. I haven't had to switch from Air Conditioning to Heat in my apartment which I keep at 70 degrees. Thanks in advance to Mother Nature for continued good weather and a prayer that she is more gentle elsewhere. Although, I am starting to really enjoy the fog.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Kathy B said...

I almost skipped reading this one due to the title...

Also - what is a boiler..? Guess I should google it? :)

See you this weekend!