Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Too Damn Cute

Waking up grumpy is usually never a good sign. I was still ticked off the day before from finding out that when I renew my lease on my apartment in April, it will go up significantly. Living in Trampa is getting so expensive especially where I live. The place is nice and is central to everyone I know and places I go. What are ya gonna do? Sign on the dotted line I guess. Aargh. This grumpy action carried on through my drive to work and traffic was a bear on the non-highway route, but it was not really any worse than normal.

I arrived at work with a mental laundry list of things I needed to get done so I could take my mind of things, but I very quickly perked up from an offline message from Yummy. He took the day off to take care of things and he would be online during the day if I wanted to send him messages. If he could get anymore adorable, I would just burst with it!

After saying hellos and such, I told him that we could send peek-a-boo messages all day while I worked. Thank Goddess I can multi-task especially with dual monitors at my disposal. I did bebop to the upper floor suite and check in incoming software. I was busy mooning over him while I did that activity. Open box...smile...take out licensed software and invoice...smile... I could've given myself cavities!

Work is not holding much interest right now especially with the big transition we've been going through. Reading vendor agreements and contracts is just dullsville...My contractor just found out she will be renewed until February which falls short the permanent offer she was expecting. Poor thing has been overselling herself and is starting to work people's nerves. Hasn't she ever heard of subtlety? Things can change; I did try to cheer her up with that news. Not sure if she was convinced after the letdown. Nothing like starting a group meeting later in the day with this bit of news.

Lunch was thankfully hilarious. I couldn't do the crossword from the paper I bought from laughing at the silly comics and being bad with galpal Jill. She gets too cute when she is funny. We share the same kind of humor...earthy. Our human resource manager has a habit of walking in at a certain time to see if he can learn anything new from us, but mostly he hustles to get his coffee, smiles and heads back to the executive side with his head shaking. He's afraid to be alone with us...not that I blame him. My motto with Jill: Wild Women Do and They Don't Regret It. I know..classy. Have some BMA cookies then.

Meanwhile, back at Yummy Ranch...there was a lot of exchange going on. I wish I could explain in detail about this man, but I can't or is that won't? He is just wonderful and way too cute for his own good. I just want to gobble him up he's so adorable. It's not just looks, it is the stuff he says and does. We'll just leave it at that.

The drive home was okay and I was no longer grumpy. I walked the dog and got the mail and received another birthday gift, this time from Kristey. She sent me this card with a disco ball in the front and "Happy Birthday Dancing Queen" inside. Yep, she knows me. I also received a gift card at Barnes & Noble bookstore, a metal bookmark with flower design and Thoreau quote to go inside the book in my package. The book is entitled, DAILY AFFLICTIONS The Agony of Being Connected to Everything in the Universe. It is pure comedy with its crushing life insights. Kristey is too cute for sending me this stuff.

I am projecting something in the universe, but I am not sure if it is cuteness. It is what is being reflected back. Isn't that too damn cute?
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: