Sunday, January 14, 2007

I Say It's My Birthday...Gonna Have a Good Time!

Asian Goddess of Love turns 36 today! Officially making my way to being an old haggis.

I took my time getting up, but realized later that I had to hustle. Birthday wishes via phone calls, text messenging and e-mail began coming in at 9:16am which made my Sunday morning routine moot. I am so blessed with a loving group of friends and family. It makes me so proud to be me.

Breakfast was skipped since I was meeting Dianne for lunch. I just love Dianne -- she is one of my dearest friends. It is always by accident that we dress up in the same or complimenting colors when we meet. People must think we're a couple. She's cute so I don't really care; however, her husband would probably like to entertain the idea.

We met at Boston's in Trampa near the Veteran's Expressway. She had a Pomegranate Mojito and I had a Pomegranate Martini to start. They were delicious! We progressed to each ordering The Italian Trio which we both took some leftovers home, but we couldn't quite make our dessert of Apple Crisp a la Mode home. Dianne was sick of all the holiday chocolate so this was nice relief.

After we finished lunch, I decided to get my nails done before my date with Yummy. I was almost late, but he ended up late since his computer was acting up. We shared wine and talked a lot. Being with him was a perfect ending to my birthday weekend.

I get to do more birthday celebrating over the coming week and definitely next weekend with family where they can remind me of my impending trek up to 40. Loving it!


I want to share this quote on a mug given to me by Jeff & Tawnyia this weekend. They saw it and thought of me. These are now my birthday affirmations:

live with intention.
walk to the edge.
listen hard.
practice wellness.
play with abandon.
laugh.
choose with no regret.
continue to learn.
appreciate your friends.
do what you love.
live as if this is all there is.

-- mary anne radmacher
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: