Friday, January 26, 2007

Special Delivery

Our office receptionist sends me several e-mails a week letting me know that I have special deliveries which are usually computer software and hardware I have ordered for someone. The preview of the e-mail blipped on the bottom right-hand part of my screen. I trekked up to her area and awaited the boxes that were surely to be handed to me. Today was different...no boxes.

What awaited me was the most breathtaking vase of blooms I've seen. It was an overwhelmingly huge arrangement of color. Stunned. Arrested. Speechless. I began to shake inside and feel the warm blush that sure covered my face. I read the card to confirm that it was from Yummy. No wonder he was quiet on the e-mail this morning!

The picture below does not do this beautiful gift justice:


Blooms of Snapdragons, Roses, Lilies, Carnations and other wild too precious flowers.



Clusters California Wax Flowers surrounded the arrangement.

After taking what seemed an interminable trek back to my desk, I set the vase down. I soon discovered it was rather voluminous. I was afraid to accidentally tip the vase so I had to put it up on the overhead cabinet of my cube. It became a giant beacon that a dozen or so co-workers had to come and investigate. The ladies were envious and the men were very impressed. They could see it from the other side of the floor. Yes, everyone was 'properly sickened' at the generous display.

Goddess knows that I am not one to expect or require tokens of adoration. To me, it is about the other person wanting to send or give the gift because they want to and not about you wanting and expecting as if by right then receiving the gift because the other person felt guilted into it. I've seen too many women display this crass trait.

This time I didn't mind 'receiving'. Of course it took me a thank you e-mail to Yummy and a picture of the arrangment as proof of receipt to get used to the idea. Twenty minutes later, I also gave into the instinctual urge to call him on his cell phone in London. I was ready to receive his voicemail when his sexy voice answered. The call was awkward since neither one of us expected the call, but I would've been very disappointed in myself for not calling and just leaving things up to e-mail.

We did discuss things further later when I got home and the commotion he caused. I teased him that even the International Space Station called to say how beautiful the arrangement was from their vantage point. I was deeply rewarded by hearing his laughter.

I must also properly thank the blooms for allowing me to enjoy their glory and beauty especially as they slowly open to smile at me in the next few days. They are going to be gorgeous!

Real Fortune Today: For light, go directly to the source of the light, not any reflections.
Learn Chinese: Telephone (Dian-hua
)
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: