Sunday, January 20, 2008

Next Big IKEA

Tawny and Jeff picked me up at 9am to drive into Orlando for the long-awaited IKEA trip. Truth be told, I just wanted to get as far away as I could from Tampa and this was as good idea as the next. Its good to be in different places for a change.

I've received gifts purchased from IKEA and I've received the catalogue for years. Today was my first foray into the big box store. It is an imposing two story building with thousands and thousands of square feet of showroom, cafeteria and open stock shelves. Unprepared, the visual assault can cause a headache. I knew what to expect so I had a great time.

More wooden hangers. I now have more to replace the nice plastic garment hangers still lingering in my closet. Ooh - the kitchen utensils. I bought almost a dozen from tongs to corers to various spatulas. My favorite item was my new lazy susan. It can whirl around on of top my dining table. Woo hoo.

Jeff commented on the behavior of people there. It could have easily had a mob mentality with the amount of people in attendance; however, everyone was pleasant and civil. There were some tight squeezes in some areas where someone could have easily been rude when the flow wasn't moving fast enough. No rudeness. Hardly any kids were in the store and I don't blame the parents for not taking them. For the most part, a certain income level shop here even though the Swedish style is a steal. The shopping experience was very fun and must be repeated again soon.

We made it home in the late afternoon for Tawny and Jeff to get ready for their football game and for me to drive back to Brandon and visit my favorite wholesaler Costco. Part of my assignment from Rob is getting a Brita water filter system so I can refill my liter bottles of water. Bought a few more items and then made my way home to stop at one more store before calling it a day.

I almost forgot that tomorrow was Monday. The weekend has zipped by so quickly. I feel drained - it must've been being around the large swarm at IKEA. Scurried like a bunny around the apartment to put things away and to start the dishwasher. Large blue digital numbers projected onto the ceiling read 11:33pm when I made it into bed. Early.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: