Thursday, January 31, 2008

Adapting Well

Sported a Breck Girl do today. Two days in a row actually. Tawny's husband Jeff commented yesterday that my hair was wild (compared to my straight and conservative look). I don't wear behaved curls, I guess. Do you mind if we briefly visit Shallowville? The reason why for the curl was I had almost three inches cut off my hair last week and it doesn't behave like how I need it yet. Something had to be done. Received compliments -- it's all good.

Today my noise canceling headphones featured Lenny Kravitz and Prince. It's like a naughty secret hearing these guys really jam their music in your ears because you're the only one who hears them. I have two screens in front of me featuring my work e-mail, work applications to answer e-mail and my IM screens that are more personal. Even with this tunnel of concentration, I get to giggle occasionally with silly IM messages from the most demented people I know, my friends.

The Superbowl is on Sunday and I have been invited to a party. I decided today that I would bring a rum cake to it. The hosts are going to have pulled pork and venison chili. A little reticent about the game taste of venison, but I will try it since I have never had it. Should be loud, fun and a later evening.

Bridget and I decided to go out for pseudo Chinese at the foodcourt as I had a craving for some. That mental and energy break from the building is so satisfying. I may start leaving the building more -- more so at the new building next month. Speaking of... I have a small AGOL fanclub over there already. One member was apologizing for her boss' behavior. He's more moodier than any guy or gal I know.

AND THEN...In the middle of our conversation in which I was telling my fan about where I would be sitting and the rest of my team, my cube theme plans, etc., she arrested my attention with this question, So when's the housewarming party? Huh? What? OMG. Why didn't I think of that?! Brilliant. What a great way to introduce our group to Dullsville!

My group is very outgoing and we will be the new cool kids on the block. Not sure what all the bean counters will say, but they will need to relax their sphincters when my dream team gets there. My cube office will be decorated like a Luau Lounge permanently complete with dashboard hula doll/s. (Right now my current one is the AGOL Love Zone.) Don't worry, my lovelies, I will post before/after pics or video.

Bridget has decided we are getting remote control helicopters to fly around and pass notes because our cube walls are very high. My boss loves this idea and that's why we love him, too! The housewarming party is just another Rum Cake opportunity. It won't be wasted. Maybe it will be a lunch-y thing. Hmm. My notebook must be here somewhere to jot notes...


.............................................................
My Pretty Boy Dog wanted to share this link featuring one of his distant Collie cousins: Whiplash Rodeo Monkey
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: