Thursday, January 03, 2008

Serving Frozen AGOL

I cannot remember ever being so cold while working, not even when I worked in Wyoming or Chicago. Did they pay for heat on our side of the floor? I complained and cursed all day at my desk. I got a little testy on an IM because I couldn't concentrate from the pain in my toes and hands. Wore my coat all day. Bridget shared my woes.

Surprised to see my boss today. I thought he was coming back next week. He had spent most of the holidays in a cabin in North Carolina with his wife and kiddies. By noon, he was in full swing.

OMG...Rob is a complete workout freak. Ever heard of football widows? His wife must be a triathlon widow. He swam meters unknown this morning, ran about 5-6 miles at lunch in the cold wind and had plans to pedal on the stationary bike like a demon tonight. He is determined to become more lean and be prepped for some upcoming events. I can only hope to work up to a third of his determination the next couple of months. He mentioned something about being able to motivate me. With what -- a cattle prod? I told him what kind of DVD I worked out to last night. TeeHee. Same routine tonight. I need the stretch it provides after the workout.

This was great:
Rob asked me about Lance Armstrong's book again because he is Type Double-A personality (or just a crack baby) and I told him I was getting it tonight after I had printed a couple of coupons. Normally, I don't bother, but it was offered by the book club and I remembered to print them out. Free money. The paperback cost $14.00. A 30% discount was applied first followed by $5 off leaving me a total (w/ tax) of $5.14. Holy cow! I am very pleased I waited an extra day.

This was (second) great:
I had to buy dog food and some other foodstuffs for me. An elderly man did his best to strike a conversation with me in the frozen food section. A point was made that he was a bachelor and didn't know these things. These things meaning how to cook certain things I was picking up which he made me explain to him. His younger relative (a son?) wanted to die of embarrassment as he watched him makes his moves. Like a good AGOL, I was gracious, smiley and let the guy have his moments with me just to make it worth his while. Rock on, Daddio!

Now warm and cozy in my home. Crap. I still have to take the dog out. I will be warm and cozy (again) in a few minutes...
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: