Monday, January 21, 2008

Herby Healthy...?

Walked in the cool full moonshine with my Pretty Boy Dog at 5:30am. It was a bit nippy this morning with the wind going everywhere like a wayward child...

Today was a day of introspection, mostly about my journey back to health. I bought this Canadian product called Vega which can be used as a meal replacement (240 cal, 9g fiber and 24g of protein) or as a supplement. The creator is a triathlete who follows a mostly raw diet. I special ordered the chocolate flavor from a local health food store. The taste? Well....it is a rather herby with a dark chocolate nuance. It costs $70 a container of 15 servings so I will be drinking it all. I will use the big boba straws to suck this stuff down. Next time I am buying the berry flavor. I also bought five of their meal bars for snacks. (An idea of making my own bars to eventually market them came to mind. I have a unique idea so we will see how motivated I get at testing recipes.)

Why would I buy this stuff? I want to be able to take it before I leave the office. I can feel good about going home and taking care of the dog and immediately go to the gym after without eating an elaborate dinner I may have to make (vs. powder mixed with water) and have the food churning in my tummy during the workout. This stuff isn't loaded with fillers like other bars found at the grocery store; it was created with nutrition in mind. I can always have a post workout snack if I get hungry. So far, so good.

Received a notice last week to come and get my free sample of bliss naked body butter from Sephora as my birthday gift for being a member. The kind I received was unscented. Omigosh!! I want to buy a vat of it. It is one of the best lotions I have ever put on my skin. (Origin's Ginger Souffle is the first because of the fragrance.) It is perfect for men, too! Try it and tell me don't want a vat of it!

I worked out tonight on what is apparently everyone's favorite treadmill because there were some disappointed faces staring at me. My earbuds were on piping in some music while I walked a brisk pace for a longer amount of time. I was sweating well and wondered if anyone had moved the thermostat to hot. What I was most proud of was that I didn't have to hold onto the bars from the start; I kept my form and balance. Hooray! Small victories are sweet.

Today is my dad's 66th birthday, but he wasn't home when I called Chicagoland. He was out for the Knights of Columbus of which he is an officer. This man is busier now that he is retired! I chatted with my stepmother instead who bemoaned the fact that his and her schedules are busy. There will be no official celebrating until the weekend, but I think she mentioned something about going to a black tie event.

I tried to quiet my mind and think about the things I want to personally/physically accomplish this year like skydiving, indoor rock climbing, kayaking and baby triathlons. The idea of pushing myself in some extreme sports is very appealing. Not only will it broaden my scope of experience and mentally test me, but I will get to meet new people. The more I read about these athletes, the more I am fascinated by their individual journeys...
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: