Friday, January 04, 2008

Friendly Friday

Rather enjoyed today. It was busy and my boss was kind of crazy, but I still had fun. Thanks to my extra layers of clothing, I was able to weather my area a little bit more with the cold.

Blessedly caught up with Tawny at lunch. With both our mad Christmas schedules, we've only been able to touch base. All is well again in AGOL/Tawny Land. I was feeling a disconnect. I wasn't worried or anything, just missing her.

Ohmigosh -- Tawny showed me the bling sticker she bought for Bridget's boot. Bridget hates this boot with a passion and can't wait to take it off in a couple of weeks when the doctor clears her recovery. She loved finding her gift when she came back from lunch and quickly applied it for me to take this crazy photo. We're all easily amused.

Bridget's Bling


Proudly told Rob about the Lance Armstrong book I bought. He then mentioned that I could read it while I was huffing and puffing on the treadmill or elliptical trainer tonight. What did he say to this AGOL? Is he allowed to make such a suggestion? Reading a book while exercising? The AGOL has (ahem!) many talents, but this could prove challenging. Never to back down from a challenge, I tried it for about 10 minutes. I was walking very briskly on the treadmill and the multi-tasking gave me a headache. I put the book down and watched the mindless show on the flat-panel on the wall instead while I was huffing and puffing around 9:30pm. How undignified. Somehow I know the journey from huff to buff is going to get more undignified.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: