Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Mental Health Day

Took the day off ...Sometimes you need a mental health day. Do you know what always cheers up, Sarah Sprinkles? A trip to Shallowville! I had my hair cut and colored in the afternoon. Alex Haley was writing another sequel about my hair. The request was for three inches to be cut off, but Michelle countered with two and a half. Go figure.

Somehow we got to talking about Cinderella. I told her that I grew up poor and hadn't been able to afford Cinderella so we had to make do with Hookerella instead. She almost died. Mind you, I do wait to tell her the funniest jokes or tease her before or after she's cut my hair, never during. No joke is worth a botched haircut. Well, Michelle kept yelling Hookerella! with her Korean accent which makes her pronunciation hard on the letter 'r'. We giggled like rotten school children.

Oh! The result? Fabulous hair. We don't do ugly.*

....................................
*Shit, not for that price. Michelle must have lost her marbles over the new year. She had casually mentioned raising prices because of her own rising cost of doing business. Okay - whatever, I thought. This wouldn't have rubbed me the wrong way except she was gushing about a new handbag she was getting. It was showcased in a ladies magazine which she showed me: Prada...! Grrr. I asked, Oh, for $2000? Michelle replied, No for $2200. Maybe it wasn't me who needed the mental health day...
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: