Friday, January 18, 2008

Missing in AGOL Land -- Part One

Where I have been...

Yes, I am still here. I've been so busy (mostly with my birthday) that I had to let one thing in my life go for a week. Believe me, it wasn't easy. Posting on my blog has been a part of my life and is a cheap form of therapy for me.

I spent last weekend just taking it easy, but working out. Sunday was Tawny's birthday (42!) and football day at her apartment. Someone was sweet enough to include my name on her cake. Oh and my lovelies -- someone brought MARGARITA PIE. Holy Mother of Margarita! I will post recipe when I get it (no baking hence potent tequila action). It was naughtily delicious.

Then I became a workout slacker for the rest of the week. On my birthday (Monday the 14th - AGOL turned 37!) unfolded a day of unending e-mails, text messages, phone calls and singing from all over the world. It was overwhelming. Having your birthday on a Monday is a bit of a cramp. I elected to stay home and boy was I thankful! The rest of the week was birthday lunches and dinners. My dance card was full and so it will be this weekend, too.

My good buddy and trainer was great about not asking how my workout was NOT going all week until today. Hee. Oh -- I had to complete my self-appraisal for my performance evaluation. Like I e-mailed one friend: Can I get away with saying, "I AM FUCKING I MEAN REALLY FUCKING FABULOUS" ??? Yeah, you're right. Probably not. Doesn't sound convincing enough. Just as well because I wasn't behaving well when my stuff kept disappearing from the online page after I saved it. The bloody program kept timing out. A line from Dilbert kept coming into mind, "Must control fists of death".

H.R., we have a problem in The Love cubicle...
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: