Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Almost Back to the Grind

Brrr !! Yowza, it was cold today! About 40 degrees when Cabal and I walked? Overall, I felt burgeoning excitement at the prospect of starting the year anew as we walked around...even if it was cold welcome. We have freeze warnings for later in the evening/overnight. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the wind...

Bridget had her own car problems today and didn't make it to work. We're taking turns apparently. You could hear the frustration in her voice. We still had a good laugh about it because there was nothing to be done but get it fixed.

Rob greeted me on Messenger after a two-week vacation with his family. I expressed my frustration at having been ill while he was gone and not being able to properly do anything in the gym during the holidays. He made me feel better by giving me permission (of sorts) that life happens and just to get back on track. Rob has a good sense of humor which helps me deal with frustration. He has recommended that I devour Lance Armstrong's book, It's Not About the Bike: My Journey Back to Life. Another trip to the bookstore this week? He doesn't really understand how much I love the bookstore. We just won't tell him. The good news is we (his hope/my will) are getting back on track.

Tawny came to visit me to have me choose between two beaded cuff bracelets her mother-in-law bought for us. She was letting us pick our own color. Confession: When Tawny first brought these over, I thought SHE had made them. In my mind, I was screaming: You fucking bitch. You made these without letting me know?! What a whore you are for showing me up with your talent. Harsh? Not one tad. You just don't understand our competitiveness. Don't feel sorry for Tawny -- she would say the exact same thing and has when I've brought her samples of my own creation.

I picked the Hookerella Red one. My precious.


Intermittent network connectivity made the day interesting. I couldn't wait to leave at 4:30pm to finish re-signing the lease for my apartment. My initials and signatures became shameful for me to look at on paper with each page. Sigh.

Is it me or has your own handwriting gone downhill when you type ALL day? My God. In 4th Grade, I was awarded the best penmanship for the whole grade and in 6th Grade (I skipped 5th!), I was awarded again best penmanship for the whole grade. Only one blemish with that one: I had to share the award with freckly-faced British boy named Miles Johnson. Good thing I liked the funny way he talked. Dammit -- I just remembered that he also beat me at our Spelling Bee. Aargh.

Had to turn the heat on for the first time thanks to temps in the low 30s tonight. Didn't make it to the gym; HOWEVER, I did do a fun exercise tape to keep my commitment to get back on track. Rob is going to howl when he finds out what KIND of DVD it is. No, no brass poles were involved. I blab enough here as it is so you'll just have to guess.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: