Friday, January 25, 2008

Blessed Friday

Blessed Friday. I went around saying TGIF! Thank God I'm Filipino (as opposed to Thank God It's Friday.) It brought a lot of laughs. Some laughing was delayed due to the shock on hearing the Filipino part. Why be boring? Honestly, so many people have that covered.

Our boss was out today for a family emergency. No worries for him. Bridget and I were buried in work. We each had a program still launching from last week to this week. My boss was stunned at the amount of e-mails he had to address while I was off on Wednesday. I was stunned at the dozens of e-mails I had to address yesterday. Sometimes this is why I dislike taking days off. The work that gets backlogged is a pain in the butt, but I just grin and bear it because I deserve to take time off and I have enough days waiting to be taken.

On a whim, I asked Bridget if she'd like to go out to lunch just to get out and have a mental break from work. She said yes and before I knew it, she had driven us to International Mall behind our building where we dined at Gallery Bistro. Bridget had never been there and appreciated the ambiance and the gorgeous delicious food. We started out with calamari. Her entree was Coconut Curried Chicken and I had Grouper Florentine. We topped it with our favorite drink at Starbucks. The rest of the afternoon flew.

Rob came by my desk before he left for the day. I had already given him the lowdown on what I had eaten for lunch and other program updates. Bridget lamented to him that she didn't know how many calories her own lunch was. (Rob had showed her the site www.dietpower.com as a way to track her caloric intake.) He said it was probably 1100 calories. I called him a bastard and he started laughing. Rob knew that Bridget was trying to keep her caloric intake to about 1500 calories (this low for now). He decided to be a ghoul and needle her.

I left work later than usual, but was able to catch up with Kathy on my way home while she was on her way to a party...Remembered that my Saturday would start earlier than normal. Meeting Kristey for breakfast and Lisa for shopping and lunch each across the city from each other. I'd better make sure I have my printed map with me. This is embarrassing to admit, but I get lost in a paper bag. God forbid you start giving me compass directions using North, South, East and West...
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: