Friday, January 11, 2008

Sprinkles Volunteers

April? That is just around the corner and definitely not enough time for me to get in shape for any kind of triathlon. That was my initial thought when Rob forwarded me an announcement for it. Before I could let my mind wander even further, he IM'ed to reminded me that I could volunteer at triathlon for water stops, mark bodies with numbers or participate in the sign-in stuff while he competed.

Oh, um...yeah. That is a better idea.
Duh, dorkgirl!

I left a voicemail for the triathlon's contact to get back with me on volunteering. The longer I wait, the more likely I would get a less than desirable duty. Granted, I may be a little early in calling. Rob said that I could be in the environment and learn what the process was all about. Basically, he was managing my expectations. He said he was stressed at his first triathlon. Later in the IM, he asked about my access to a swimming pool. We have two in my complex, but not sure it is heated. I doubt it and it is a little to chilly to swim during the evening especially. I am also to need about 25m length to practice swimming, but a decent length will do. Research for tomorrow after my workout then.

Now I have two DVDs from Rob. One is Swimming Techniques for more efficient swimming and the other is full of Yoga Routine which will complement my other yoga DVDs. He's been very generous so I'd better get with it. I am benefiting from his own research and experience. He is frighteningly informed.

Not to let me off the hook right away, he added: well try to start working on the swim technique even if you just watch he video a few times...lay on the floor and practice some of the drills...not going to help you to learn balance in the water.. but at least you can learn the drills..

Talked to Kathy on the way home. She will be my swimming buddy (when it gets warmer) for the drills that require one. Been missing her, too. Haven't seen her in almost three weeks!

Eyes are too tired right now. I have to work out early so I can check out the pool and go back home to start doing some chores around the apartment. It's just Excitementville over here. I am not too bothered. Putting the pieces of the puzzle to this prep stuff is another part of the magic happening. I can't believe how very different this year is already becoming...and it is exciting!
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: