Saturday, February 17, 2007

Rice, Tea or Me

Laughter should fill everyone's day. This morning I started my day laughing with Yummy. Our differences in cultural upbringing and our individual personalities make for a wonderful time together...

My other plan today was to have lunch with Myrna before her trip to Virginia. She is helping a co-worker move back there so she can be near her family and new boyfriend. We ended up at one of our favorite Citrus Park haunts, Rice & Company - An Asian Bistro, where they serve pan-Asian food and have an impressive sushi bar. As always, we had very delicious meal accompanied by some hot jasmine tea for me and hot green tea for Myrna.

Nothing can horrify an Asian more than running out of rice. Luckily, I had more than enough jasmine rice to cook in the rice cooker this weekend. Myrna was kind enough to take us to Oceanic Supermarket after lunch so I could get another bag along with some other goodies like teas and coconut milk. I haven't been there in a long time when it was so busy that the parking overflow made its way to the business building nearby. It is Chinese New Year and the store was peppered everywhere with lanterns, banners, food and red envelopes.

Yummy and I talked again in the evening and I got to try my new packets of instant hot Thai tea which I sipped in between bouts of laughter. He really is very funny even when he's tired. Poor baby, I think he is catching a cold - his voice was a giveaway. He also reminded me tonight that it is the Year of the (Fire) Boar which is his Chinese sign. I have a distinct impression it will be his year and richly deserved, too!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: