Monday, February 05, 2007

Be Very Quiet - It's Monday

Several people were out sick today including my department colleague and even Tawnyia. Both apparently suffered from migraines. Must be the weather which has turned into a chill. It never actually gets cold in Trampa, but sometimes you can say it is thanks to the humidity.

Very busy today, but I didn't have a lot of distractions so the day sped by quickly, thank God. I thought I would feel overwhelmed, but not having my colleague there eased my energy levels. She just has a way of affecting my mojo even with the feng shui cures I have in place. I can only imagine how it would feel without them! Let's not.

Very surprising thing today...One of the guys I run into in the lunchroom handed me a poem to read. He wrote it for his wife for Valentine's Day. He is a regional manager at work and in jest, we give each other a hard time. The poem was entitled, "Sand and Sea" which was really pretty. I even sent it to Yummy since he lives by the water. He came by my desk later and knew that I practiced feng shui by all the placement of objects. It just goes to show you just don't know your neighbors all the time. I liked being pleasantly surprised.

IM'ed with Yummy later who was in rare form. Trapezoid? Ha! His wit is so quick that I even have to put my game face on sometimes. Rare that that happens with men. That's one of the many reasons we get along so well and keeps me coming back for more of his brand of yummyness. I am supremely blessed to have such a caliber of man in my life and I take none of it for granted. He is a nice warm blanket when the world gets a little cold. I think I will enjoy that thought now while I quietly sip some hot tea.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: