Thursday, February 22, 2007

Siriusly?! Seriously...

Apparently I missed the memo that this week we were celebrating "Suck Week" at work. The black hole of despair was trapping anything good and sublime in its high suckage setting, making all disappear. Today followed Tuesday and Wednesday in a Groundhog Day pattern...

Impromptu invites to meetings where you are required to actively participate is definitely a big turn on...Not! I have asked my boss for a moratorium on meetings, but this was not included. I even got a follow-up invite for more updates tomorrow! I need my happy pills.

Hey -- it's true -- music does soothe the savage biatch. I found a killer station listening online to Sirius satellite radio under Rock called First Wave which has the early alternative music (especially from England) permeating the US scene in the 80s. This is heaven letting me relive some of my favorite music from ages 11 to 18. Here are links to youtube.com vids as a sample slice of music a younger AGOL loved:

My man David Bowie in "Let's Dance"
Note: This is the song and video that started it all for AGOL after coming to the US of A...sigh.
King singing "Love and Pride"
Note: I still dig this guy's hair and the combat boot action. Very upbeat song.
Spandau Ballet's "I'll Fly for You"
Note: Yes, we all liked lead singer Tony when we first saw him in "True", but the saxophone player Steve was my personal favorite.
Blow Monkey's "Digging Your Scene"
Note: Dr. Robert, the singer, is way strange, but I love this song.
Echo and the Bunnymen's "Lips Like Sugar"
Note: Love the band name and love the band.

The best parts of this week are my conversations with Yummy... This is one of the best Yummy stories yet. Yesterday, I received an e-mail from Yummy letting me know that around 6pm his time, he had been talking to a coworker and while looking down at his sweater, he noticed a lone metallic red heart sprinkle. As part of his Valentine's gifts from me was a card filled with these heart sprinkles. He'd gone all day with no one telling him he had it on his sweater and no one asked why he even had it. Nice solid tall gorgeous gentleman with lone heart sprinkle...seriously cute!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: