Thursday, February 08, 2007

Mysterious Mist

The mist rolling in must have woken me up earlier than normal. I waited in bed and hit the snooze alarm about four times before finally decided to gear up and take Cabal for a walk around 4:30am.

We were at our halfway mark when I heard a dog barking in the distance. It didn't sound good and Cabal was probably thinking the same thing since he stopped and got quiet from his normal happy-go-lucky demeanor. I decided to head to splitsville while we could.

His second walk before I left for the day found us talking to a police woman in an unmarked car who informed me, after she handed a can of pepper spray to one of the groundskeepers, that a loose dog with no collar was going around chasing residents. Oh, great. Just great. Cabal was quickly ushered back in the apartment to avoid any mishaps...

On the drive to work, when I am not pitifully mooning over Yummy, I am planning the course of action to my day. My first priority was finishing up something for an emergency project which didn't start out so well. I read an e-mail that sent me into a tailspin and found me calling the offending party to open a can of whoopass. Aargh. I don't like starting my day out ugly, but certain people must be cut to the quick. Within 15 minutes of ending our conversation, her manager called to apologize.

Besides any conversation with Yummy, the best part of my day was lunch when I found myself being flirted at by a baby boy. I was sitting with Jeff and Tawnyia in the outer area of the food court. He watched me while I ate. I smiled at him and he beamed back. Ohmigosh - what a total dollbaby! I was in luuuuvvv. I got up to get something else and his eyes followed me and when I was no longer in his vision because I was coming around him, he followed me with his eyes and turned his torso towards me...

Walking back to the table, I realized I knew who the dad was. It was my friend Kristey's brother! The little boy was her nephew who just turned a year old. I hadn't seen him since the summer. I said hello and even touched the baby on his face. His expression grew as if he would just expire from the attention. He was all sweetness.

His dad wanted to send me more pictures of him at his recent first birthday. I found an extra napkin and jotted down my e-mail addy. While I leaned down, my hair formed a curtain shielding my face from the baby. He leaned forward and attempted to look around my hair. Talk about cute!!! Sadly, I had to interrupt my interlude and head back to work.

The ending of the day didn't go that well either. I had to open another can for the same issue. Good grief! I gave everyone an update including a detailed timeline which should make everyone happy...not.

Talked with Yummy in the evening who wanted to hear me pronounce "whoopass". Sometimes he is rather disturbing, but then again he is British. We all know what that means, don't we? He grew up talking funny.


Misty in my neighborhood.

On the drive to work:

Raymond James Stadium...looking bleak like the Buccaneers:


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: