Friday, February 09, 2007

Global Priority

Found out first thing that Yummy received his Valentine gift early. The postman pounded on his door really early before he was even up! He was supposed to receive it Monday, but it came today instead. I sent it Global Prioriy which is 4-6 days. I mailed it Tuesday and he received it Friday. Go figure.

He really loved the package and the mini-gifts inside as well as the card. Where most men are ambivalent about a near mushy gift, he was really ecstatic. What a great guy! It is sometimes difficult to be a receiver when you're used to being a giver. I am a giver, too, and have lots to learn about being a receiver. It's never too late to learn how as long as you have a buddy.

One of the things I love to do is wrap and give presents. I have dozens of fabric ribbon, some with French wire and not. I also have rolls of wrapping paper and cellophane for different occasions. Have I mentioned my obsession with confetti sprinkles in cards? Everything is better with sprinkles, I always say. Luckily, my friends are used to me and my confetti madness. It has become one of my many signatures.

If only some time-sensitive equipment had arrived on time at work let alone early. This caused some friction among different groups today, but I ignored them all. I was busy listening to BBC Radio 1 and some dance music on streaming Sirius on the internet. Of course, it is hard to ignore your boss when he is standing at your desk. He's a good guy so I indulge him. Ha!

The afternoon seemed to stretch interminably, but I made it through. I did leave a half hour earlier. I might log in during the weekend; we'll see... I just wanted to rush home to talk to Yummy. To my surprise, I received a fun and quirky card from him. It was like going halfway around the globe and back again in one day between the two of us receiving things from each other. It made for a happy Friday.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: