Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Cool Mad Rush

Brrrr...It was chilly again this morning both inside and out of the office. I tried to warm up by working through things as fast as I could so I wouldn't have to think about the temperature. I slurped a big bowl of Italian Wedding Soup from downstairs and brought it to my desk to eat so I could work through lunch before two afternoon meetings. I didn't get to talk to my cohorts that's how busy it got...

Still a little peeved at getting a catalogue-sized envelope yesterday from my sister Suzanne in Killeen, TX. I haven't heard from this woman since we were at our niece's high school graduation in Merritt Island a couple of years ago. I've even sent her pictures of stuff, etc. and she hasn't responded. Not even a friggin' word through our dad. AND THEN the biotch has the hard audacity to send me some advertising about her daughter who is invited to go abroad for advanced students? Her daughter is trying to raise money to go which I dig, she deserves to go and I will send her something, but what gets me is there wasn't a handwritten note from my sister. What the heck? I just need to let it go. My cousin Angie and close girlfriends are better sisters to me and I am definitely keeping them...

The lawyer tap dancing number in the movie musical "Chicago" played in my head as I tried to get through two successive meetings in the afternoon. I really need to get an intravenous tube of coffee piped from the breakroom up through the ceiling tiles, along the plenum and down to my arm. Is that extreme? Not as extreme as the lady astronaut wearing diapers on her way to confront her perceived rival. What an idiot!

Speaking of idiots, why is it that other people's lack of proper planning causes an emergency on mine? Just asking.

I left work earlier than normal so I could escape midweek and be home early to talk to Yummy. Tawnyia needed a ride home so I happily took her. We did stop somewhere so I could get a green salad with chicken for dinner. Cabal was fed and played with by the agreed time with Yummy, but he didn't quite make it. He surprised me by texting me that he was going to be later which was nice. We did finally connect, but for a shorter time since he turned into a pumpkin soon after. Poor thing. I need to rush to bed early tonight since I have pumpkin-itis, too.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: