Sunday, February 11, 2007

Electronic Emissions

The sky was clear and beautiful this morning but there was still some serious radio signal interruptions. Did the sun send some extra radioactivity? My laptop was sporadically emitting a scratchy static sound that drove Cabal to try to leap in my lap while I talked with Yummy this morning. His paws first dug into my thighs while I sat and then my arms where he left a little bruising. Yummy and I had to switch to talking via IM instead of through our mics. Later the TV had static on almost every channel I tried to tune into.

I talked to Angie twice today which was a treat. Been missing her a bit. She and her pals got to go the Getty Museum in LA where she lives. I live in such a sucky city; it has no real culture I am interested in unless it visits the city. Sigh.

It was slow at the salon and I never have an appointment so I had my nails done right away during the afternoon. I must have brought the crowd in since about a half dozen more walk-ins came in within 10 minutes of me arriving. The male nail tech did my nails this time around which was different, but the lady finished up with polishing on the color I bought at Sephora last weekend. I didn't know it would be a lighter shade of pink than my phone. Might need to get the color changed next weekend after living with it for a week.

Glad it was a low profile weekend. I hope I am mentally well-rested for next week, I'd better be. Half watching the Grammy's now. James Blunt is singing his beautiful song which is making me think of beddy-byes; he is singing it with an acoustic guitar and he has put more a lullaby melody to it.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: