Saturday, February 03, 2007

Girlies Still Love Pop Rocks

Today was designated Girlie-Girl Day with Sarah and Tawnyia. Our mission: go to International Mall and visit my second home, a boutique after my own heart. Let's just say there was a 'plethora at Sephora'...

I started out the day IM'ing and talking to Yummy. He still gets a kick out of my girlie-girl stuff. I don't mind since it is quite funny. Ended up taking a nap after talking with him; I had gotten up at dark-thirty to take Cabal out.

My shirt was taking too long to dry in the dryer which made me a little late picking up Tawnyia. I bribed her with an iced latte and a donut from Dunkin' Donuts. She asked me if I was waiting for my hair or nails to dry when I told her that I was waiting for something to dry. Apparently, she knows me. She should -- today was our ninth friendship anniversary.

I don't enjoy the mall as much as I used to especially when I have to deal with soccer moms who have too much money to spend on stupidity. These women all shop at the same store so they all look alike. The conversations are so insipid that you want to give them a list of topics to change it up a bit. Tawnyia and I left an accessories store because of this.

Sometimes I feel like a hypocrite though. Especially today when I made a special trip to go and buy a new make-up line which in my own freakish way I find traumatizing. Talk about insipid conversation to change brand lines. I am brand loyal, but bareMinerals by Bare Escentuals has been calling my name. It is a make-up line that uses crushed minerals as a base and is 'free of preservatives, talc, oil, waxes, fragrances, and other chemicals' which can irritate skin. As I get older, I have to really think about what I am using on my skin.

I tormented Tawnyia with "come here! lookee!" at each counter and line I flitted to in the store. We also had fun in the perfume and cologne displays. Lots of yummy things for the inner girlie.

I took Tawnyia to lunch and we went to an arts and crafts store before I took her home. Along with some supplies, I ended up buying some old school candy called Pop Rocks, a candy processed with carbon dioxide. We had a surreal conversation in the car while we ate these.

We both had our mouths open to hear the popping sounds, but it must've looked like we were trying to catch flies or something. Tawnyia would stick her tongue out with this stuff at the end. We broke out in gales of laughter. I told her that as much as I think all men are the universal age of 12, women are five years old. She completely agreed.

I also sitted for Nan while my aunt and uncle went to Channelside to go to Hooter's and also see a movie after their dinner. They were in desperate need of a date night. When I wasn't talking with Nan, I hopped on the 'net and e-mailed some peeps... My aunt and uncle were very appreciative when they got home.

Almost to bed, but will try and watch the "how-to-use-this-crap" DVD for my new make-up. So specialized, it needs one! I can't decide whether to think that is pathetic or not. Aargh.
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Peter Kenny said...

No not pathetic at all - just a bit special.

helloagol said...

Now repeat the steps with me: Swirl, Tap and Buff! It IS that easy. I may send you the DVD since you need a visual on mastering these steps.

X

Tawny said...

I must apologize to everyone for unleashing this power on the world! But remember I had help…. :)