Sunday, February 04, 2007

Swirl, Tap and Buff!

I was up early for a Sunday and pretty alert soon after. Grand plans were in my eyes...and stayed there. I decided to investigate my new make-up instead.

My Bare Escentuals DVD was actually good. I was following the mantra of "Swirl, Tap and Buff" on how to use the wonderful brushes with the mineral powders. A little definitely goes a long way. I am a new convert!

My only concern is that the Fairly Light powder is not light enough for me, but I remember Tawnyia always telling me I am obsessed with a slight kabuki look. She just knows that when "Memoirs of a Geisha" came out, I felt vindicated to have the very pale look. Whatever. Bare Escentuals does have a lighter powder called Fair (not albino either!). Guess who might be getting that soon?

Yummy got up late. He probably needed to catch up on some sleep. Poor thing. We talked for a while in the morning. I told him about my adventures in Girlie Land yesterday which he does find interesting since to him it is a new culture of sorts. Little does he know it is one of my obsessively favorite subjects and I am an expert. I even considered getting a part-time job at Sephora while I was there playing with everything, but that is just asking for trouble. My cabinets would soon be filled with all the girlie accoutrement one could ever wish for.

I ended up venturing out a little in my neighborhood, but didn't actually go inside the grocery store since there was no parking! Everyone was getting last minute snacks and beer for the Superbowl. I am so disgusted anymore with the Superbowl. Glad Dungy's team won though -- he deserved it especially after they let him go at the Bucs here. He built up the team and his successor reaped the rewards of his work by the Bucs winning the Superbowl the following year. I should've watched half-time since Prince performed -- been loving that man since 1982!

Talked with Yummy later after I watched "Wings of Desire" that Tawnyia ordered on NetFlix for me. German language with English subtitles, gotta love it! I didn't know that this where "City of Angels" ripped off it's basic storyline. Americans are running out of original ideas, I swear. The movie is long, but the black and white shots with splashes of color were really good to watch and the scenes in Berlin. Bruno Ganz was wonderful as the angel Damiel who falls in love with a trapeze artist Marion. The last 30 minutes make the whole thing really worthwhile. Thanks for telling me about this, honey!

Before bed I ended up watching more of the other DVD...can't help it.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: