Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy AGOL Day - Go Diva!

If there is one day that my friends know that belong to me, it is Valentine's Day. It has been my way of making up to them for being depressed and sulky all Christmas season starting in October. I've also loved this day ever since I passed out my first Valentine card in elementary school. Spreading love, joy and beauty into the world should be everyone's goal. A little of one or each makes the world a more beautiful place to live in. We owe it to each other to show a little kindness.

I live the essence of Valentine's every day. It is my trademark. Whether it is passing by someone's desk to give some candy as a pick-me-up or complimenting someone on how they look or just listening to them just takes a few moments out of my day and is well worth the effort. Everyone needs to feel validated at least once a day, to feel that they matter and someone noticed their existence at least for one moment. It is the priceless gift we can give each other and costs near to nothing.

Yummy and I have been talking about promoting yourself as a brand. The genesis for this idea was not mine but a genius article in a maverick magazine called "Fast Company" where I first located an article 10 years ago entitled The Brand Called You. If you like this article, I highly recommend searching the words "Brand You" and see what other articles come up or just checking out the website for fresh ideas.

When my friends think of me and acquaintances, too, they can rattle off the same things that they know me for and of course the idea of Love is central. Jeff and Tawnyia are the ones who gave me the moniker Asian Goddess of Love (AGOL). It has started to become interchangeable with my full name in some circles. Quite strange sometimes. More R&D needs to be done, but it is an evolving brand. I do have my own logo with my last name and a graphic accompanying it; I've had it for about six years now. It probably needs a reworking, but I will leave that to the R&D group.

In the midst of meetings today, I was the receiver of Love vibes from Yummy and it came in the manner of a beautiful giant box of Godiva chocolate. Nothing say lovin' like a box of Godiva truffles and chocolates! Here's a picture I took at my cube at work.

Red Suede Heart Shape Box of Godiva Chocolates...Texture and Taste!

When I got home and picked up my mail, I also received a really great card from Yummy with a beautiful dragonfly poem inside. You want to talk about Yummy trademarks? Romantic ranks No. 1 in my book. As the AGOL, he is perfect. This man just takes my breath away. He has a manner of catching me off guard which is rarely done. I am indeed very blessed and lucky to have him in my life. He is awesome. Thank you, Peter, for my wonderful Valentine's gifts -- I just love them!

My day ended with talking to Yummy. Did I mention that since he couldn't be with me in the same country this time round, he offered to babysit his godkids for his best friend? Talk about a Hot Move in the AGOL handbook! Love, joy and beauty. That is what it is all about.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: