Monday, March 22, 2010

Cottage Industry

Sprinklesville has its own 'cottage industry' with more than two and half dozen crystal bracelets made so far. It was Tawny who coined the term for my beading this afternoon when I gave her an update on my progress.

Here is a pic of my mail out today which does include the box next to the envelopes:



I am sending out a love revolution for my chemo support. Every bit is needed especially when I go back to work in two weeks. We'll all have to work on our love vibe ringing strong across this nation as well as all over the world.

Speaking of...I have decided to design new bracelets for all of my upcoming chemo appointments. Huh? What I mean is I am making bracelets to give out randomly to the women going through cancer in the building. A few will be given out in the waiting room and another set in the infusion center. Each bracelet will have a note on it that says "Something Pretty...because cancer is not".

My new goal is to give back somehow. How I found out about my cancer was Divinely Guided and I am wickedly blessed with a support system of friends and family all over the world. How else can I make a difference in other people's lives? By giving smiles with a tangible object to remind cancer patients that they are still beautiful and worthy of receiving 'something pretty'. If you could see the lights that have gone out in some of these women's eyes, you would either weep with them or want to shake them to remind them they are still alive. I am also working on a male bracelet for the ones I see in the infusion center. Some prototypes are in the works for that part of my project. All of this hasn't all been worked out yet, but I figured I can wing it until I do...

Other than beadies, I made calls to my benefit company for my short-term disability status and I called the triage nurse for the skin condition on my hands and a possible cold I am catching. Based on my chemo cocktail, I can take Benadryl for the skin condition and over-the-counter meds for the cold thing. So glad I called. Not. I only did it to make sure I didn't need to do anything additional.

Dad called me tonight to see how I was doing. I also spoke to my stepmom who only has to go through a bit of radiation for her breast cancer. She had borderline readings on her pathology report for the lump that was taken out a couple of weeks ago. Chemotherapy has been omitted from her treatment. All this was good news to hear.

I worked on more bracelets tonight and two are ready to be mailed tomorrow. I wish you could share with me how much joy it is to create pretty things.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I understand about your hands problem, I finished my chemo 16 months ago. I was prescribed pyridoxene (vitamin B6) 50mgs twice a day, it really helped,but check with doctor first.Best wishes

helloagol said...

I will have that on my list to ask him on April 2nd when I see him right before my next chemo. Thanks for the tip! Hope you're doing very well now.