Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shop Til You Drop

In nine days I will be returning back to work. My last day at work was January 11th, a day before my surgery. There is much to be done as far as preparation like grocery shopping and clothes shopping. Oh, yes -- I do have a shave on Monday, a nurse visit on Tuesday and my second chemo appointment on Friday. Today there was only one thing to do and that was clothes shopping...

I drove to my friend Kimmee's house where her daughter and daughter's two college roommates were visiting her. They left and Kim drove us to a very good Mexican restaurant at the mall. What could be more flattering than shopping for clothes on full bellies? It was better to be full than have touchy tempers from low sugar.

Did I tell you that my company is now allowing denim or Casual Friday wear everyday? The only employees who have to dress Business Casual are those who are meeting with clients face-to-face. With my much slimmer figure and the new dress code, I have no choice but to buy new clothes. I can still wear some of my blouses; they will be roomier but will do for now.

I don't recall the last time I was really outdoors for a certain amount of time. The mall by Kimmee's house is all outdoors so people can stroll outside in between ducking into posh shops and restaurants. I kept my sunglasses on and wore a beige cap embellished with shiny silver dots drawn into a cute skull and crossbones on one side. Kathy had given me this gift the weekend she stayed and cleaned my apartment. Brushing my hair is too traumatizing right now so I have elected to cap my head since I can no longer style it for fear of creating a significant bald spot somewhere.

Meandering around the stores and trying out clothes in a few different fitting rooms wasn't the chore I thought it would be. I was able to find things on sale so it was more gentle on my pocket book. Three shirts and one pair of black denim were my treasures. I need to buy a few more pants and new bras/panties. That will be a Tuesday adventure to my regular store. Kimmee was able to find a pair each of black and dark gray denim pants. Happiness all around!

We made it back to her house all shopped out. Her daughter treated us to a generous Thai dinner for five of us gals to share. We laughed and talked until Kim's husband came home at 11pm. I got home at 11:30pm! It was a great day to feel normal.

Hugs,
Sarah xo
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: