Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rubber Band Ball

How odd the only bout of nausea I've felt is when I am horizontal on my bed when I wake-up. It is only a tinge but enough to scare me to take my meds upon waking. The mental fog is still there and kicks in after one of my medications as drowsiness is a side-effect. On the other hand, from my neck down was not listening. I found myself cleaning large vertical blinds in my living room with Lysol wipes with scrubbies on one side. This exercise took about 35 minutes of my morning.

I decided not to tempt fate or my health and took it easy the rest of the day. Luckily, I didn't feel alone with the texts and calls I received or made. Kathy called me from her grocery store in Jacksonville and mentioned wanting to attend one of my upcoming chemo appointments. She's so sweet! I will take her up on it if she can swing the date. My friend Trish from San Francisco wants to visit me, too. She called while she and her boyfriend where walking in the middle of the city for a dinner meet-up with friends. Trisha iterated her desire from a previous facebook note to let me know she was serious. I am very lucky to have many friends like these gals!

..............

This was unexpected but I didn't tell you about the news my aunt and I received when we got back from my chemo appointment after my uncle got home from having dinner with us on Friday. We found out that one of my aunts in the Philippines had passed in her sleep. Fortunata died in her late seventies. I felt bad for my Aunt Maria who is set to visit the Philippines in about four weeks. She will be there for the traditional 60-day prayer vigil at least. The reason I am mentioning it now is we were just able to get a definitive on her health and how she died because she was in a different city living with her son's family. My aunt confirmed everything for me this evening. Fortunata was a shy sweet woman but full of smiles and laughter. I won't forget how she was when I last saw her through my 10-year old eyes.

..............

The one thing we can count on is life's never ending cyclical turns. Ever see a rubber band ball?



I feel that threads of life cycles move in this way and keep moving elastically in all directions. Sooner or later we touch each other or move away. As we go through our lives, more layers of us and others increase to make our world as we know it. We never die. We just change to some other energy form to keep evolving into whatever we direct in our minds and hearts. Scientists say we are made as the same stuff as stars. I intend to sparkle forever through your lives as you do through mine. Let us make a conscious pact to make sure we touch each others' lives positively to make our world a more colourful and beautiful place.

Love forever,
Sarah Sprinkles
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: