Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Eurasian Pixie

A very sweet friend gave me the name of my new look: Eurasian Pixie. Sounds groovy to me. That's what I am going to tell other people when I explain why I chose this particular wig or look.

My wig took me two tries to put on this morning only because I hadn't asked the salon hairdresser how to do it yesterday and to be honest, I was not paying attention. The only thing I have to get used to is having hair in my eyes. I am too afraid to put the wig back more for fear of it popping off or slipping at an inopportune time. Ha.

My nurse was most annoying to me today. She had called at 10:18am to make a window appointment between 12pm and 12:30pm. When 1pm rolled around without a call, I called her phone and left her a voicemail saying that with or without her I would be leaving at 1:30pm or 1:45pm. I had stuff to do and I was ready to leave the apartment. Wouldn't you know she called me at 1:30pm to ask if I was still home and that she was on the road and two minutes from me? Two minutes my ass. She was almost 16 minutes. Grrr. To top it off -- there was NO APOLOGY. This nurse is very nice but her time management skills have got to go. The appointment is an easy earning of money for her -- believe me.

My "To Do List" was very specific today: finish clothes shopping. Two stores yielded me another pair of black denim jeans, two pairs of dark blue denim jeans, one pair of chinos, one white camisole to wear under my new turquoise blouse from the other day, three new bras, one black lacy underwear (ooh-lala!) and two pairs of large earrings to wear especially during scarf days. I also did a bit more grocery shopping since I forgot some things from yesterday.

For dinner I cooked the best veggie product: smoked hickory barbecue "riblet". Oh my gosh was it delicious! My craving for barbecue was satisfied with a mystery veggie product slathered in sauce. I eat about 65% meatless dishes and I am hoping to increase the percentage going forward.

My evening was further brightened by a wacky call from Jill. She says my hair reminds her of a "spy look". I reminded her of one of my facebook comments regarding Emma Peel of The Avengers. Our sense of the ridiculous was amplified within minutes. Who needs to watch blockbuster drama films when we can create our own and laugh like girlies having a slumber party? She always astounds me and makes me laugh out loud. Jill can do all this while directing her two energetic sons for their evening routine.

It is late now, the news is on. I finally took my wig off and it is next to my laptop until I let it rest on its wig stand. The whole wig thing feels normal at the end of today. After my shower, I will don my Super Comfy Super Soft Sleep Cap. I guess it is my version of a nightcap until I can have any kind of alcohol in late summer. Meanwhile, I will find ways to play up my new look.

Hugs,
Sprinkles xo

PS Check this out: Bald Model. If only my own cranium looked so chic naked!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: