Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Worn Out

Wore myself out the last couple of days. It was no surprise that I needed to be horizontal on the sofa for a few hours today and be away from the computer. My "To Do List" had a couple of items which prevented a whole day of relaxing.

Cleaning my tub and sink with Lysol formulated with bleach took my breath away. I had to turn the fan on and not breathe too much while I scrubbed the tub. It wasn't really dirty but I am OCD. My bathroom is one of the cleanest ones around!

My bald head was nice to have while putting on my make-up. It made it easier and not have to move hair around. The wig went on nicely right after. Having a bald scalp feels a little freer if I may say. It is not as bad living with it as I thought it would be. Good thing.

I had called the pharmacy earlier to get my prescription refilled so that when I went through the drive-thru it was ready. After that quick stop, I drove to the Asian store for some proper noodles for a Filipino dish called pancit and a couple of boxes of my favorite tea.

Soon after I was cutting veggies and chicken breasts in my kitchen to saute with garlic and onion. The thin rice noodles were rehydrated with hot water for several minutes then drained before I put them in the big pot with the veggies and chicken. A handy can of chicken stock gave the noodles the rest of its hydration to flavorful plumpness. The noodle mixture was properly seasoned with soy sauce and a bit of fish sauce. It was yummy! When I plated some for my dinner, I topped it off with some ponzu sauce since I didn't have fresh calamansi or tart citrus.

I took my place back on the sofa to rest a couple of hours later and I texted my BFFs while watching TV. Tawny texted to say that she and Jeff were walking around the apartment complex and wanted to visit me. I warned that my wig was off but put it back on during the visit to show Tawny. They visited for about a half hour. Tawny left with a container of pancit for her lunch at work tomorrow.

I'm tired right now. My posts may not be every day starting tomorrow just because of work and chemo; however, I will try my best to post even for a few brief paragraphs.

Love,
Sprinkles xxoo
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: