Thursday, August 21, 2008

Life is Good

The dread I had been feeling with my car surfaced bearing bright flares this morning. There might be something wrong with the starter as it is one of the last things the mechanics recommended if symptoms persisted from my last visit.

Tears welled up on my drive to work a few times. I didn't need this kind of immediate cash drain. So much for taking some time off the end of the month. Quelling my feelings to stem the situation from stealing my joy was eclipsed with seeing a Jeep carrying a spare tire in the back. It was encased in black with white letters proclaiming Life is Good. I began to argue with the universe until I calmed down to think about the bigger picture. (It is always about the bigger picture, huh?) I am not totally hosed -- I have plenty to do with plenty of supplies...

My Korean friend Kim at work gave me this as a memento of her recent trip home. It is a compact mirror set with a magnifying side. It is better than the one I have to pluck my eyebrows. Yes, you needed to know that bit of AGOL grooming habit. It is a very important practice to keep your AGOL's eyes open and facial expression more pleasing.




As promised, this is what the sugar apple looks like when it is ripe inside. You know it is ripe when the fruit gives or starts to fall apart. You can refrigerate it to slow the ripening process. This is really almost too sweet to eat. I broke off pieces and shared with four other members of the Asian mafia. Two of them never had it before and I just found out that one has a tree at home.



AGOL Instructions for eating a Sugar Apple --
Clean version: Using a spoon, scoop from rind the creamy flesh into your mouth, extricate the black seeds and gently spit them out onto a napkin.
Fun version: Use your mouth and teeth against the rind to scrape out the sweet pulp into your mouth, extricate the black seeds and spit them at your lunch partners. Ha!

Back to Life is Good: I am going to have my car done in the morning so I can make it to the karaoke bar tomorrow night with the Asian mafia. The food should be good and the singing frightening. Life is Certainly Interesting.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: