Wednesday, August 06, 2008

In Lieu of Cake, Tequila

Antsy. I was too keyed up at work today. We're busy enough and Bridget was getting ready to go on her almost two-week vacation to spend time with her son who has been with his father since June and to get him ready for the new school year.

Tawny reminded me it was her son's birthday this morning -- Jeffy turned 22! I sent him a birthday instant message in Tagalog. He replied, either I'm some sort of South African rutabaga... or that's a Filipino happy birthday. The humor definitely runs in the family. Later he invited me for dinner at his mom's house with his family and girlfriend. I had to decline dinner, but offered to be present later for cake. Jeffy said he wasn't sure about having cake, but "in lieu of cake, we can do tequila". That's my boy! I've known him since he was 12.

Before tequila, there was an early dinner with Kristey and Myrna at Chili's. I despise Chili's but suggested it anyway since the girls like it. I can adapt. Eating there this evening just emphasized my distaste for it. Everything was salty and mediocre. EW EW EW Well, I wasn't there for the food...Kristey iterated that her biopsy came out benign and she has to go for a five-month follow-up or something like that. Myrna has been busy in general. We had a good laugh and caught up on people from our past jobs.

I made my way to the gasoline station so I wouldn't have to drive on vapors and then back home to take care of Cabal. Then came tequila. I arrived just as Tawny's family was finishing dinner. The table was cleared and we elected to go with tequila shots instead of margaritas. I almost embarrassed myself by snarfing the shot. That means I almost had the fiery liquid go back up my nose after I stuck the slice of lime in my mouth to suck on right after. You know Tawny would've made me lick the table for any spillage so as to not waste the premium brand tequila. I would not have blamed her.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: