Sunday, August 03, 2008

Mamma Mia!

The tempo was slower today. I love being lazy on Sunday mornings with no real purpose but just to be. In my case, that is sipping coffee and watching my 90-minute news magazine. Very nice.

Here are two kinds of veggies I bought yesterday: baby bok choy and Chinese long beans. They were submerged in my tamarind soup base already simmering with bits of pork. I served this over rice and seasoned with soy sauce for my lunch. It is that sour flavor kicked up with the salt that awakens my tastebuds!




I did make a girly movie date with Tawny and her daughter for later in the afternoon. We went to see the movie version of Mamma Mia! which was fun to watch. This is not Meryl Streep's epic movie, but almost an homage to her growing old gracefully sans nip/tuck. I very much enjoyed reliving my Abba music memories. Two of my favorite actors Colin Firth and Pierce Brosnan were in it, too! How can a gal go wrong?

Thank you to Moviegoods.com for this pic:

.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: