Tuesday, August 26, 2008

452

Taking it easy. No rushing and no expectation other than a good one. That's how I decided to approach getting ready for another trip to the mechanic's garage. They were expecting me and knew they had to come up with a mutually agreeable resolution for both of us.

I was on the phone to Bridget when I arrived at 9am. Without breaking my conversation, I handed the attending manager my keys before situating myself in the waiting room. I spoke to her at length some more until my regular mechanic came in to get more information from me since I last came in. He had not been there on Friday so he was able to see the video I took.

While my car was being dissected, I was working on my laptop and fielding work e-mails. Around 1pm, I began to wonder if I should skip next door and have a nosh. I had almost made my decision when my mechanic came in to let me know he was almost done. Never once did I ask when my vehicle would be finished because I trusted it would be.

I logged into work again and mostly IM'ed with my buddies. My connection wasn't fast enough to work on my regular things. The manager called me around 2pm in the middle of watching Tyra but not before enduring a demented and deplorable specimen of American television known as Jerry Springer. I braced myself for whatever they had to say.

The mechanics replaced my starter which is what I had advanced ordered last Thursday for Friday. An ignition switch was replaced instead of the starter. Because the previous symptoms had resurfaced on Monday morning, I called them and gave them the facts of what had transpired and what would transpire. The bottom line today was the part and labor costs were absorbed by this company to a tune of $452. Yes, it was zero-zip-zilch-nada cost to Sprinkles. I also received an apology from them for having to come back in. I thanked them, too. Please cross your fingers with me and see how the repair holds...

My sugar level was already at an uncomfortable threshold. I couldn't wait to go home and have my late lunch. My morning omelette had worn off. I continued to work a little until 5pm. Watched some TV and ate a lighter dinner. I must have been really exhausted because when I spoke to Kathy, I couldn't recall names and convey my thoughts clearly. Just as well. I will be sipping my jasmine tea all the way to the bottom while I watch Hilary Clinton give her speech this evening. G'night.


.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: