Monday, August 18, 2008

False Start

Traffic just got crazier thanks to the first day of school for my county. Too bad the kids will have tomorrow off for the impending hurricane. Bridget will be taking her son to school a day later. Her county starts school tomorrow or was going to start. Notifications have gone that his school will be closed.

Fay is apparently coming our way. Everyone at work was receiving e-mail instructions on how to call the employee hotline to find out if we were coming in for work. I wasn't alarmed at all because I didn't get that feeling of fear. My boss did offer for me to work at home tomorrow if it rained (not hurricane). We'll see.

Sharon and I shared a Filipino lunch we each made while the rest of the Asian mafia ate out. I think we got the better deal. The dish that Sharon made was tasty, but she wasn't happy with it. It was her first attempt and she was being too hard on herself. Next time, I need to physically supervise her when she cooks. Trying to gauge if was indeed following directions over the phone was not quite the same.

My dinner plans with a friend at work fell through, too. Nikki had been bugging me for months to have dinner with her, but we couldn't get it together. Tonight either apparently. She lives closer to the shore and needed to prep for the tropical storm..hurricane...or whatever the hell they are calling it.

I did not experience anything resembling a storm this evening. The waning moon made a mockery of the weather predictions. Let me caution that you can never be too paranoid about bad weather -- safety first. While the little ticker would run at the bottom of my television screen with updates on evacuations and weather updates, I was busy becoming engrossed with Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles. The network is re-running the first season in anticipation of the second season's September start. Simply riveting. What can I say? I am a geek. A geek who needs to sleep for whatever tomorrow brings. Was that a gust of wind? Let me check.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Marcelo Dance said...

OK Sarah! A Blog without comments (or Love Notes) is not a Blog...
And a Start is a Start (Fake or False, doesn't matter!)
My English is poor (like you see)
Veamos ahora cuando sabes de EspaƱol...
Saludos desde Argentina!

helloagol said...

Hola Marcelo!

Gracias - me encantan tus palabras.

Saludos desde Tampa,
Sarita