Thursday, August 14, 2008

House Rules

House Rules are strict. The other day I came across two rather long-legged seductresses. The brunette was hiding in my cozy kitchen and the redhead in my equally cozy dining room. I told them that if I saw them next, they would have to be dealt with...

This morning I noticed the little redheaded hussy crawling on my ceiling above me in the living room. I had a feeling...a very strong feeling as her eight legs danced around the ceiling. Wouldn't you know it? The little hookerella challenged me, the AGOL, in my own home! I barely eased out of my chair before she landed on me suspended by her silken rope. I rolled up a very stylish home furniture catalogue (of course!) and dealt with her on the club chair.

Not to be outdone, the brunette was crawling on the carpet between the club chair and sofa. My frightened Pretty Boy Dog was lounging in front of the sofa where the little minx was making her way toward. Oh, no you don't! I used the same chic catalogue and showed her who was the lady of the manor..erm...such as it is. My doggie had to be protected, you know!

(Blushing...) You're right, he was probably more startled by his mother behaving like a lunatic housegoddess and wondering why she was advancing toward him with the (still) chic catalogue. Poor baby.

I couldn't help but tease you regarding that delicate bit of housecleaning. Do I know for sure they were female? It is easier to think so when they clearly challenged me. I do give them fair warning to get out of sight instead of reacting as soon as I see them. Yes, they do have benefits and can be very beautiful in certain species, but I am not fond of them in my home.

Sigh. All this drama before going to work!


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: