Sunday, August 24, 2008

Festivious

This morning was a break from routine. I took the dog out a little earlier and then went back to sleep. Two hours later, it was as though I woke up on my own without an alarm and a care in the world. The feeling was very calming and comforting. Maybe it was that feeling that engendered a need to cook early.

There are two versions of spaghetti sauce I make but both require hours of simmering to infuse all the flavors together. I made the lesser complicated one. My apartment had the lingering smell of fried dried anchovies and garlic from yesterday. (Sometimes you just have to take the plunge and cook the whole bag then light fragrant candles to diffuse the scent. Oh, opening the sliding glass doors helps, too.) This new melange of Italian flavors would certainly do the trick of replacing one with the other.

During my second IM conversation of the day with Tab, he described me as festivious. By this time I had already enjoyed some of my spaghetti sauce and I was about to make some mini cheesecakes for the Asian mafia the next day. I replied that he always makes this kind of stuff up. He said it was his word combo of festive and fastidious. I couldn't believe he said, The exact meaning is: requiring or characterized by excessive care or delicacy; painstaking while creating a festive mood. Tab clarified it for me by saying It is the painstaking attention to detail that give you joy.

I may be more crazed than most when it comes to experiencing joy. I guess I don't want to miss a single part of it...almost like drinking it within my being. You can probably tell already by the way I describe things which is what earned my description. I was lost in describing how I made my sauce and how I was going to make the mini cheesecakes.

My simple day ended with me in bed still the smelling vanilla from the cooled cheesecakes confections that were now resting covered in the refrigerator.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: