Monday, August 04, 2008

Chocolate Suicide

Suicide for breakfast? Not quite. That would be Chocolate Suicide birthday cake that Bridget picked up for our temp. My boss asked if we could do that first thing to let her know that we did do something for her. I picked out the card..

My temp had already bitten off my boss' head earlier after he wished her a happy birthday. Apparently she had a suck weekend. Whatever happened to saying thank you? I wished her a happy birthday and she knew better by responding properly. I am not as nice when it comes to blatant rudeness because I would have let her have it in spades, birthday or no birthday.

My boss lured her in his office after Bridget and I were situated in there. We sang to her loudly as she came in. Would you believe as soon as she received this she wanted to go into how bad her weekend went? Of course, we all tag teamed and kept that from happening by forcing her to enjoy the moment. It helps to be of one mind in these things. Of course, we were sick to our stomachs from consuming chocolate decadence before 10:30am...

Bridget shared mine and Sharon's lunch. I let her try my tamarind soup and Sharon gave her a steamed pork bun. I told her we've about covered Asia with her (Thai, Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, Filipino and Chinese). I love that she is adventurous and willing to try new and complex flavors.

The afternoon was spent quietly working. I tried to listen to contemporary French music -- surprisingly, they all sounded the same. Not like Edith Piaf or anything like that. It is hard to describe. I switched to Classic Disco. Am I hard to follow? You are not alone.

My evening was more introspective. IM'd with both Tawny and Rob separately, but simultaneously. They were both working late. Rob was still glowing over his first day at his new job. (This was not an overnight offer; it has been a work in progress for weeks.) He will be traveling more and has been setting up a home office. Dressing up today for work and driving across the bay to get things initially set-up at the main office was a confidence boost after he lost his job almost two months ago. Meanwhile, Tawny was doing homework of sorts. She was bad at work and had to take home stuff. Just kidding, T.

Maybe I'd better wrap it up. Sweetest dreams, my lovelies!
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: