Friday, August 15, 2008

Fiber is Sexy

My expression did not match my mood. Inside I was very happy; outside I appeared tense. Maybe it was the near hit and miss with an overzealous driver in the garage? She apologized to me in the elevator, but I mentioned to her that I was more concerned for the pedestrian walking in her path she narrowly missed this morning.

The boss was hyper and I was trying to stay under the radar. My goal was to make it to lunch. The Korean lady in the Asian Mafia brought me lunch today. Holy heck was it spicy! The flavor was very good though. There was some leftover and I ended up taking it home for dinner.

My meal planning has been lackadaisical lately and as a result my fiber intake has lagged significantly. Toxins stay in your body without fiber to help it along. I had felt sluggish until I started cooking a lot of Asian food the last two weeks which constituted mostly of vegetables, a great source of fiber. Imagine that.

Tonight I made my way to the health food store for some dinosaur kale (not curly) which I can use as a shell for wraps after I have cut out the hard stems. I am going to incorporate some more raw food into my diet next week. The less processed (canned or cooked) the better for me. I bought more stuff like coconut oil/butter, agave nectar (low glycemic sweetener from agave cactus - same cactus tequila is made of), clover sprouts, sprouted bread and English muffins from Ezekiel, and a hand of bananas.

I forget how truly rewarding it is to eat organic bananas. The sweet banana essence is pure and no trace of sour competing with the sweetness found in the lots from a regular grocery store. This tart and flavorless taste are as a result of poorly farmed soil and green picking where the sugars haven't been allowed to mature in the skin.

Angie, Kathy, Sharon and Tawny have been ambushed with texts like Fiber Rocks, Fiber Fills and (soon) Fiber is Sexy. This is what happens when Sprinkles gets cracked on something she loves. There is more to the fiber story like my new Mango Sprinkles drink, but why give it all away in one post?


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: